CALL FOR STUDENT CREDIT MOBILITY (SMS-IN) TO THE UNIVERSITY OF CADIZ (SPAIN) IN THE FRAME OF THE EUROPEAN PROGRAMME ERASMUS+ KA107
CALL FOR STUDENT CREDIT MOBILITY (SMS-IN) TO THE UNIVERSITY OF CADIZ (SPAIN) IN THE FRAME OF THE EUROPEAN PROGRAMME ERASMUS+ KA107
(Academic year 2018-2019)
In both versions (English and Spanish) the Spanish version will override to the
- GENERAL INFORMATION
The Erasmus+ Mobility for Studies programme offers students the chance to spend a period of continuous study at the University of Cádiz (UCA) during the second semester of the 2018-2019 academic year in the frame of 2017-1-ES01-KA107-037422 y 2018-1-ES01-KA107-049705 projects.
Mobility students will receive a grant, can attend courses and use all the facilities available at the University of Cádiz with no additional tuition fees (with the exception of any minor fees also applicable to local students). The Erasmus+ Programme offers students the chance to gain cultural experience abroad, become familiar with other higher education systems and meet young people from other countries, actively contributing to the process of international integration.
The grants offered to Erasmus+ Mobility for Studies students do not cover all the expenses, but are merely a contribution to bearing the additional costs of the stay abroad.
The University of Cadiz in the frame of the II Strategic Plan priories the geographic areas related to the University Centres and the Erasmus+ Programme. This is the reason to develop cooperation with partner Universities in different fields, but especially in those prioritised by its international strategic plan. The fields of collaboration with each University were previously agreed.
The grant includes:
- A European Union contribution (individual support). An amount established according to the country of destination. In Spain the mobility contribution is 850€ per month. The funded period is to be from 3 up to 5 month (90-150 days).
- An additional amount to cover travel expenses (travel support). The amount is calculated according to the distance band appearing below:
100 - 499 km: 180 Euros
500 - 1999 km: 275 Euros
2000 - 2999 km: 360 Euros
3000 - 3999 km: 530 Euros
4000 - 7999 km: 820 Euros
8000 - 19999 km: 1500 Euros
The distance will be calculated as follows:
Distance between the city of the home University and Cadiz.
The European Commission provided a limited number of grants to each Programme. In the 2018 Call the University of Cadiz has been awarded with 346 grants for incoming and outgoing students and staff. The grands are offered to partner countries according to the directives of the European Commission. The list of grants for each country for the Programme Eramsus+KA107 Mobility for Studies can be consulted in the Annex I.
- APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
II.A. GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The student has to be enrolled in the Home University, which must be a partner of the University of Cadiz within the Erasmus+ frame and have passed at least 60 ECTS credits before the start of the mobility.
The student should be selected by the Home Institution in order to be accepted by UCA.
The last eligible day of the period of stay for Degree and Master students is June, 30th 2019 (the end of the evaluation period of the second semester). As exception, this date could be extended for Degree and Master students using a specific document of application.
The last eligible day of the period of stay for PhD students is July, 31st 2019.
The Degree students should enrol at least 12 credits ECTS at UCA.
The Master students should enrol at least 10 credits ECTS at UCA.
The PhD students do not have to enrol any minimum number of ECTS credits at UCA, but have to indicate in the Learning agreement the course Code: 9999002 Name: Estancia de investigación.
These are the dates to take into account to apply for the Erasmus+ Mobility for
Registration period: 1st February to 10th February 2019
Beginning of the 2nd semester: 11th February 2019
End of the evaluation period for the 2nd semester: 30th June 2019
II.B. APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
All the applying students have to hand in the following documents to the International Office at the Home University. If it is required, this list can be extended by the International Office of the Home University. All the documents of this list are the mandatory requirement, with exception of the document Nº 6, which should be hand in only where appropriate.
Please note that all of the forms must be typed in order to be considered. The documents filled in by hand will not be accepted.
- Application form (Annex III).
- Learning Agreement (Annex IV). Please, see the additional information concerning the instructions to fulfil the Learning agreement.
- Copy of Passport (External one)
- Spanish, English or French (in case the student will use English or French as his/her language of instruction during his/her stay at the University of Cadiz) Language Certificate, at least B1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.The language requirement depends on each course in particular. If the student has any doubts about the required level of language, he/she should contact the Responsible person at the UCA’s Faculty/Centre where he/she is going to study (the information about the contact person of each Centre in available in the document Factsheet UCA).
- Doctorate students must present a short version (max. 3 pages) of the research proposal for their period of stay at UCA.
- Certificate issued by the Home University informing of any disadvantaged backgrounds and fewer opportunities compared to peers (disability, educational difficulties, economic obstacles, cultural differences, health problems, social obstacles, geographical obstacles). The full description about the disadvantaged
backgrounds can be consulted on page 10 of Erasmus + Programme Guide
III.C. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
DEADLINE for the submission of the Nomination Letter to the University of Cadiz:
9th November 2018.
Deadline for the submission of the online application by the students (online application
- indicated documents) and submission of the presented documents by the International Office of the Home University is 18th of November 2018.
III. SELECTION PROCEDURES
III.A. PRESELECTION BY THE HOME UNIVERSITY
All the selection process at the Home University will need to meet the criteria of transparency and equal opportunities for all applicants. The specific selection criteria will be clearly stablished and published in the webpage by the Home University and will be speeded by any other local and regional means. However, the general criteria described further should be included in all the evaluation process.
If the Home University has not established the specific process of evaluation, further criteria may be used:
General criteria for ranking for the Home University:
- Besides the following, the suitability of the proposed study/research activities will be considered as essential requirement.
- PhD Students, whose proposed activity suits the prioritised areas of the Home University or those of UCA, will receive 2 points.
- Master Students, whose proposed activity suits the prioritised areas of the Home University or those of UCA, will receive 1 point.
- Students with an average grade higher than 8 out of a 1 to 10 grading score will receive 1 point.
- Students with language skills (Spanish or English, depending on the language of instruction at the University of Cadiz) B2 will receive 1 point.
- Students with language skills (Spanish or English, depending on the main language of studies at the University of Cadiz) C1 will receive 2 points.
- Students with language skills (other languages) B1 will receive 0.5 point (each language).
- Students with language skills (other languages) B2 will receive 1 point (each language).
- Participation in joint and co-tutoring Programmes (Degree, Master or Doctorate) will receive 2 points.
- Participation in joint Investigation Projects (Master and Doctorate) will receive 2 points.
- Applicants with disadvantaged backgrounds and fewer opportunities compared to their peers will receive 2 points (a special document is required).
- Students who participate for the first time in the Erasmus+ KA107 programme will receive 1 point.
Management of applications
The Home University will receive all the applications and needed documents, will ranking the applications and will select and nominate the students. The Home University can nominate the number of students indicated in the Interinstitiutional Agreement. The grants will be awarded as full grant o “zero” grants according to the number of grants applicable for each Partner University, which was communicated previously by e-mail. This number of grants for each University will depend in each country on the number of grants awarded to the project in this country and on the number of Partner Universities in this country. The number of full grants awarded for each University communicated by UCA should be indicated in the specific Call.
All the information about the Interinstitiutional Agreements and amendments will be communicated to the Partner University by email.
The Home University can indicate the Reserve List of the students applying for the grants. If case not every grant is filled, the applications of the students from the Reserve List will be studied and the grants will be awarded to the students from the Reserve List. Additionally, the students without the full grant could be nominated by the Home University as Erasmus+ students with “Zero Grant” till reach the number indicated in the Interinstitutional Agreement. This students have the same rights and obligations as granted students, but they will not receive the Erasmus + Funding (neither European Union contribution, nor additional amount to cover travel expenses).
The Nomination Letter (Annex V) should be sent by the International Office of the Home University to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by the 9th of November 2018.
This Nomination letter (Annex V) should include the following items:
- Information about the Partner University.
- Principal List of nominated students in decreasing order of preference.
- Reserve List (if exists) of nominated students in decreasing order of preference
- The total number of points awarded to each student.
- E-mail of the nominated student
- Components of the selection committee.
- Criteria used in the selection process.
- Signature of the responsible person and stamp of the home University. The Annex V should be completed with further documents:
- Table of all the applications received with the indication of the points received by each student and the resolution of the Selection committee.
- Text of the Call elaborated by the Home University (web link of PDF document) which confirms the publishing of the Call.
- Document of Absence of conflicts.
All the PDF documents should be signed and stamped by the Home University and have the date of issue.
As soon as the International Office of UCA receives the Nomination Letter of the Home University, the UCA will send to each nominated student an email with the instruction to follow.
The students will have 9 days in order to fill in the online application form and attach the needed documents: by the 18th of November 2018.
All the needed documents should be hand in the International Office of the Home University and the International Office of the Home University will send them to email@example.com by the 18th of November 2018.
III.B. SELECTION BY THE UNIVERSITY OF CADIZ
Once the University of Cadiz has received all the documents and Nomination letters from the partner Universities, grants will be awarded to the students.
The selection process at the University of Cadiz will meet the criteria of transparency and equal opportunities for all applicants submitting their applications. The UCA will follow the order of preference of the Nomination Letters and will award the grants according to the distribution accepted by the Home University. If there is additional funding, the grants will be awarded to the students according to order of the list on Nominated students.
The mandatory requirement in order to be accepted by UCA is the acceptance of the Learning Agreement of the student: the Academic coordinator at UCA should sign it before the start of the mobility.
III.D. RESOLUTION OF THE CALL
The preliminary list of accepted and excluded applicants (Preliminary Decision) will be published by the University of Cadiz on the official web page (http://internacional.uca.es) by the end of November 2018 indicating the documents that should be corrected.
The excluded applicants will have 10 working days from the publishing of the Preliminary Decision in order to amend the documents or to send the needed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
At the beginnings of December 2018 the Final Decision with the list of granted students will be published.
The students must confirm the acceptance of the grant by sending an email to email@example.com. The instructions about the acceptation of the grant will be sent to the students.
IV. OBLIGATIONS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CADIZ:
- The University of Cadiz will send an acceptance letter and information package to the student once all the applications have been received and checked in detail, and after the list of selected students has been published on the official web page of the University of Cadiz.
- The UCA will prepare the document of Grant Agreement for the student, will send it to the student by email and will ask the student to sign it and resend it to UCA before the start of the mobility.
- After arrival the student will receive an information package, student card, internet username and other useful information in a registration meeting with members of the International Office.
- The University of Cádiz will provide the student with an academic coordinator at the Faculty where he/she will be enrolled, and who will sign the Learning Agreement and will support the student in all academic matters.
- The University of Cádiz will pay the grant after the student’s arrival on the following bases:
Individual support and travel support:
- The first part: 2.700 euros during the first month of his/her stay at UCA;
- The second part: 50% of the remainder of the grant at the middle of April;
- The third part: the remainder of the grant in 20 days after the submission of the Mobility Tool survey (the survey will be send to the student 30 days before the end of the period of stay).
- At the end of the mobility the Secretary’s office of each Faculty will provide the student with a Transcript of Records or a report of the research results. If the students leave the University of Cadiz before the end of the Semester, the
Secretary’s office of every Faculty will send the Transcript of Records to the home University and to the students individually at the end of semester.
V. OBLIGATIONS OF THE STUDENT
- Each Home University will establish a deadline for the submission of applications before the 9th of November 2018, in order to collect all the documents and nominate students in time.
- Once accepted by the University of Cádiz the student has to sign a Grant agreement (an e-mail with instructions will be sent to the accepted students).
- The student has to apply for the visa for studies in his/her home country; the University of Cádiz will send an acceptance letter in due time for this purpose and will send to the Consulate of Spain in each country (or to the consulate where the student will have to issue the visa) a list of the students accepted by UCA where the conditions of the grant will be indicated in order to facilitate the visa issue.
- The student has to book and assume the travel expenses by himself/herself and have enough money to be able to afford the first month of stay in Spain before he/she receives the first part of the grant.
- The student will contract his/her health insurance before leaving his/her home country. The student has to contract the insurance indicated by UCA:
ARAG insurance: https://www.aragonline.net/sites/index.php?id=MDMxMTg3NXw1MHw2
in order to guarantee the covert of all the requirements of the Embassies and Consulates of Spain in foreign countries and the requirements of Erasmus+ Programme.
- The student has to organize his/her own accommodation. The UCA offers the accommodation at the Cologio Mayor of UCA and will offer the information about the other University Dormitories in Cadiz. The accommodation office at the University of Cadiz and the University Centres will support students in the search of accommodation (shared students flats).
- The students will attend the Registration meetings organized by the International Office of UCA at the beginning of February 2019 (an e-mail with instructions will be sent to the selected students). During this Registration meetings the students have to indicate the day of the end of his/her stay at UCA and commit to stay at UCA till the indicated date. Additionally, the UCA will organise an official Welcoming day with all the Erasmus+ (KA103 and KA107) and visiting students.
- The student has to attend classes or do research as approved in the learning agreement or the research programme; and compromise himself/herself to
inform UCA’s International Office and home University in case of an earlier departure.
- The student has to stay at the University of Cadiz at least 3 months (90 days) to be considered an Erasmus+ Student. Otherwise he/she will have to return the full amount of the grant and the travel expenses.
- Two months after the arrival (Mid-April), the student has to sign a follow-up form and attend to the meetings organised by the International Office in order to additional information about the Programme.
- 30 days before the end of the period of stay the student should fill out the Mobility Tool survey (as indicated in the Grant agreement) in order to receive the third part of the grant.
VI Spread of Information
The sending Universities (Home Universities) will announce this call through their own web pages and social network and also will spread the news about this call in the local and regional media.
Cadiz 3rd of October 2018
Juan Carlos García Galindo.
General Director of International Relations
University of Cadiz