To the attention of students...
EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Youth Programs Intern
OPEN TO: All Azerbaijani Students
POSITION: Youth Programs Intern
OPENING DATE: October 15, 2018
CLOSING DATE: October 29, 2018
WORK HOURS: Part time; 20-30 hours/week
LENGTH OF HIRE: Six months
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is NOT an offer of Federal Employment;
There will be NO benefits;
There will be NO COMPENSATION.
Note: All information and statements submitted for an internship vacancy are subject to verification. Any willful misstatement will result in elimination for internship consideration and if the individual is hired, subject to immediate termination irrespective of the length of internship.
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking individuals for a Youth Programs Intern position in the Community Liaison Office (CLO). Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The Youth Programs intern will serve as the key creator and developer for youth programs run by the Community Liaison Office (CLO) of the U.S. Embassy. The intern will work on discrete projects related to youth programs including the development of an American-style summer camp. The interns will develop both the business side and the programming side of a summer camp, to include developing a business plan, selecting a location, writing curriculum, marketing, registration, and implementation. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criteria detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. EDUCATION: Two years post-secondary study in Education, Business, or related fields of study is
2. LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Attention to detail, computer skills, good interpersonal skills, and the
ability to work independently.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. The following is required:
1. Azerbaijani citizen student in good academic standing at his/her current educational institution.
2. Must be a continuing student upon completion of the internship.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age.
4. All applicants must have medical insurance.
5. After selection, the student must receive security and medical clearance before receiving a formal
offer of internship.
The following is required:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website;
2. Statement of Interest (in English);
3. Gratuitous Service Agreement (sample is available at U.S. Embassy Baku Internet page
4. Written permission on internship from the educational institute (preferable in English), except for
students at the following: ADA University, Khazar University, Baku Engineering University, Azerbaijan
University of Languages, Baku Slavic University, Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University.
5. Letter of recommendation (preferable in English);
6. Transcript of academic studies (preferable in English).
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Only electronic copies:
POINT OF CONTACT